Hey guys! How’s your morning so far?
If you missed it last night you can click here to read about my HALLOWEEN GIVEAWAY! (you know, if you’re into that sort of thing ;))
Let’s get down to business.
A couple nights ago I made a dangerous little discovery.
I was up late catching up on blogs (a dangerous combination in itself as most are food related and I inevitably end up getting slapped in the face with a craving). When I came upon this post from Averie’s blog I had to have a white chocolate chip cookie rightthissecond. So I immediately took to the kitchen and whipped up this little guy.
The Quick little Protein Cookie
1. Mix 1/4 scoop protein powder (I used Sunwarrior) with about 2 Tbsp almond milk (or milk of your choice) – enough to thin it out
4. Add whatever mix-ins you like +/- any additional sweetener/flavoring (vanilla, stevia, etc) . I used white chocolate chips which were plenty sweet so left it at that.
4. Back in the microwave for another 15-30 seconds depending on how you like your cookie – shorter time for more of a doughy just-out-of-the-oven cookie (which is the way I like them), longer if you want your cookie to be more ‘done.’
WARNING: Let it cool a few seconds before digging in – learned this one the hard way 🙂
5. Enjoy with a glass of milk of your choice and another dollop of nut butter on top (if you dare)
7. Repeat. 🙂
Now this cookie is nowhere near as decadent and delicious as Averie’s version I’m sure but don’t judge him because he’s quick (TWSS ;)). This recipe actually produces a surprisingly cookie-like texture and quick and convenient is the game here people.
Well I’d better hop to it. I’ve got a pretty busy day:
– Trainer appointment
– Hair cut
– Meeting with my mortgage broker
It’s sure to keep me running around even though I stayed up way too late last night watching Dancing With the Stars and would much rather stay home and do this all day.
See you all later!