So…..it’s my birthday. 🙂
And in the spirit of reflecting back on another year I thought I’d share with you 31 things that I’ve learned (I just picked a random number… ;)). Here we go!
1. Relationships may come and go…
2. but best friends are forever.
(that goes for sisters too!)
3. I’m strong enough to break up with coffee…
4. and just weak enough to take coffee back.
(Come on, how can I resist when he looks this good?)
5. I can buy a house. On my own. That is all.
6. Life is constantly evolving and it’s never too late to discover new passions.
7. I am an absolute karaoke fiend. I do not apologize for this.
8. I need more massage in my life. And yoga for that matter.
9. Breakfast is my most important meal of the day.
10. A little bit of gratitude goes a very long way.
11. Never underestimate the importance of a good night’s sleep or a comfortable pair of shoes.
12. Detoxes have their place but when it comes to everyday life I’ll take my dessert thankyouverymuch.
13. I can survive moving back in with my parents.
14. It’s never too late to give Vegas a second chance.
15. Sometimes taking a break is just as important as getting things done.
16. Two dogs is a lot. Three is a handful.
17. Peanut butter and I will probably always have a tumultuous relationship.
18. There is nothing, I repeat NOTHING, that a little chocolate can’t fix.
19. My hair loves the Brazilian blowout. I honestly don’t know how I survived 29+ years without it.
20. I may be getting older but my nearly 31 year old body can still blow my 27 year old body’s 1/2 marathon time out of the water.
21. It’s great to try other forms of exercise but running will probably always be my one true love.
22. It’s ok to let go and relax now and then. Really, it is.
23. (PS Asking for help is ok too)
24. I’ll take a nice cold smoothie over an alcoholic drink on most days and I’m fine with that.
25. I love and respect the opinion of my family, friends , trainer etc., but at the end of the day I know what’s best for me.
26. Asking for what you want and need in life is not only ok, it’s essential.
27. I’ll probably always be a BB Mak fan. It’s cool.
28. I’m not really sure I’m ready for marriage or kids right now and that’s ok by me.
29. Trying new things may be scary but the reward far outweighs any risk.
30. My life did not end when I turned 30…
31. As a matter of fact, it was only just the beginning.
Hope you’re having a wonderful day! I know I am. 🙂